In northern Columbia County, in the 19th Congressional District, hundreds of citizens are following the efforts of Indivisible Chatham NY (ICNY), a chapter of the grassroots movement based on the principles outlined in the Indivisible Guide. We are working with our fellow Indivisible chapters and other resistance groups throughout the district, opposing the agenda of the Trump White House and pressuring our members of Congress to uphold the democratic ideals upon which our nation was founded.
ICNY was established in January 2017 with two foundational principles:
- In order to work together, we must model the values of inclusion, tolerance, and fairness.
- Donald Trump’s agenda will take America backwards and must be stopped.
Moving effectively toward our goals, we have active teams working on:
- Voter Education, Registration and Get Out The Vote
- Speak-Out Educational Forums
- Resistance Research
We also publish a weekly email Newsletter:
- It provides a calendar of events, our congressman’s voting record, action alerts and more.
- Sign-up for our Newsletter here.
- See our archive of weekly emails.
And see our new Faso Facts Cards. They are available in print form. Contact us if you’d like some to share.
Indivisible Chatham NY Steering Committee:
Alan Gelb, Brenda Gevertz, Elizabeth Hess, Judith Katten, Jeffrey Lick, Gwenn Mayers, Michael Robbins, and Joanne Trapanese
If you’re ready to resist, contact us at moc.l1534498969iamg@1534498969ynmah1534498969tahce1534498969lbisi1534498969vidni1534498969 OR signup for our Weekly eNewsletter here.